Funerals are some of the most challenging events in our lives. Flowers are one way that we can provide some closure and encouragement at a loved one’s funeral. Finding an understanding funeral flowers Melbourne florist is crucial for navigating such a devastating event.
You want to try to choose flowers that you think your loved one who passed away might have liked. In this guide, we will discuss some of the different types of funeral flowers.
Funeral flower arrangements in Melbourne
Here at Bountiful Courtyard, we make sure that you have the highest quality funeral flowers as possible. Right now, we are offering free shipping on orders over $100 for flowers in Melbourne.
We have a large assortment of funeral flowers in different shapes as well as types of blooms. If you need any assistance choosing your funeral flowers, please feel free to reach out.
How to choose types of flowers at funerals
- Lilies are an excellent choice for funeral flowers. That smell wonderful and also symbolise peace and innocence. You often see Lily’s on funeral wreaths and over casket covers because people believe they provide a peaceful path to the afterlife.
- Roses are another touching option for funeral flowers in Melbourne. Roses evoke a sense of reverence and love. So whether you want to gift these to family members of the deceased, or use them as decoration, they’re a great choice.
- Carnations are another attractive option as they symbolise remembrance. Carnations are also an excellent accompanying flower to roses, lilies, or any flower that’s in season.
- Australian native flowers are another choice for remembering and honouring your homeland. Some beautiful native blooms include protea, banksias, and leucadendron.
- Orchids allow you to remember the precious life that has passed by. Orchids express sympathy and are seen as appropriate for funerals. Orchids can add a lovely touch to the funeral decorations, and they last a long time so you can order them beforehand.
- Chrysanthemums are a great choice if you’re attending an Asian or European funeral. They symbolise tribute and respect as well as a lamentation.
How to decorate a funeral with flowers
You can choose to combine the flower types above, or you can go with a single type of flower to make the funeral look cohesive.
How you arrange the flowers will be up to you and the other directors of the funeral. Here are some of the most popular funeral flower arrangements:
Casket sprays are when you have the flowers arranged on the coffin. The cost of a casket spray can range from $150 to $500. The price varies based on the number of flowers and the type of flowers that you choose.
Instead of being on the coffin, standing sprays are placed on a stand near the coffin. These flowers can be shaped in a wreath, a heart, or any custom shape of your choosing. They are more affordable than casket sprays and can range from $85 to $350.
Flower bouquets are a classic presentation of blooms. You can choose to put flowers in a vase or simply wrap them in paper or cloth. The cost of flower bouquets can range from $45 to $225.
The Wrap Up: Funeral Flowers Melbourne
We hope this blog post has helped you start to plan for your funeral flowers. Bountiful Courtyard offers some of the best quality funeral flowers in Melbourne. Contact us for your custom-made flowers delivered right to your doorstep.